♥♥♥

♥♥♥
My Wonderful Sister

Thursday, May 6, 2010

My Teacher Interview

For my interviewing project I interviewed my sister who is an Elemtary school teacher. It was hard interviewing someone who I not only see but hang out with on a daily basis. My sister taught at a lower income school for a year and said it was an experience she will never forget. Lindsey said it taught her how to teach on a completely different level. This school did not have the resources that a lot of schools are accustomed to. She couldn't depend on smart boards, computers, or any technology to make her lessons interesting. Lindsey had to really pull from a place she had never been to teach these kids. Life for the students at this school was different than the way Lindsey grew up. These students didn't have parents that made sure their homework was done, or they were on time for school. The teachers would be lucky if all of their students were at school on the same day. One parent has even said to my sister, that school is just time she can use to get away from her "bad" children. My sister showed me lesson plans she used and how she made them understandable and fun at the same time. My favorite part was all the cards and notes that each student gave her at the end of the year. They really loved my sister and they were very grateful for everything she taught them. I hope one day I can impact students the way she did.

No comments:

Post a Comment