♥♥♥

♥♥♥
My Wonderful Sister

Friday, February 5, 2010

Listening and Little ones

I-phone baby

Ha! I am not quite sure why, but that video tickled me. Probably because that baby was so sweet and cute. I know that this video was meant to spark our "Critical Thinking" skills, but for me it was just entertaining to watch. I thought it remarkable that a child of that age could understand and operate the I-phone. It shows you how aware children are, and how easily they can be taught something. I think the reason that this seems so amazing to us, is because we adults have just gotten the I-phone and taught ourselves how to work it. Its not something that's been around for years. So the fact that a baby can do it, doesn't necessarily mean that particular child is a genius, it just means that they have no limits as to what they can learn. Given the proper attention, time, and dedication with something, we can teach our children anything.

Little kids..Big Potential

Ohh Wow! These kids are great. I loved watching them interact like that. I would really like to meet the teacher of that class!! I enjoyed the how much they did with each other. It was inspiring to me. I saw how you can use the technology in a positive way. The children knew exactly what they were doing. I think that is the result of a great teacher.

The children absolutely loved what they were learning. I get a kind of thrill out of seeing the kids respond to the material that is being taught. My personal view to this particular video is that, if taught properly, and made to be fun, that technology can be very beneficial to kids.

Media Literacy

I suppose this was more of just a follow up to Little Kids...Big Potential. The children were just explaining everything they can do with the computers and technology. They were making videos, blogs, reading books, and so much more. I'm beginning to understand the importance of technology in the school system. How it can be used to benefit the students, and the teachers.

These video are showing me, that learning can be so many different things. Not just reading, writing, and arithmetic. Learning can be videos, blogs, Nintendo ds, and site words on the Internet. I think with structure, and guidance you can use these tools in the classroom to help your students.

Podcast's

Well I listened.....:). I was confused at first, but I eventually got the hang of it. The first cast that I listened to was Kidcast. The episode that I tuned in on was a How To guide for a mini-series. Basically it was telling you how you can get into the Podcasting. The students would get into groups and record their thoughts on a particular subject. The teacher would then post them daily. So that the other students could listen to each others thoughts and views. I understood the How to the Podcasting, but I was still lost on the why? Can we not have these discussions in class? When your supposed to be teaching and learning? I think that the students have enough work today, that sending them home to then log on to listen to more lectures and opinions, is a little demanding.

I then listened to the Macbook Weakly Podcast. Now this one to me made more sense. It had the radio station feel to it. More of you were just tuning in to listen to some interesting facts. I liked this one much more than the first. I think that I would have a hard time doing a solo podcast, I think it would be more entertaining to have some people there with you contributing to the Podcast.

Comments 4 Kids
WOW!! What fun....I had a little girl named Yesenia, she is a part of Ms. Deyenberg's 5th grade class. Yesenia, is active in sports, and likes to play basketball. She also spoke about playing games in her Social Studies class, that she really enjoyed. I love that she was able to say this, because I for one love to play games and teach at the same time. Yesenia also spoke about Haiti and how she wanted to give money and how blessed she was. I was touched that she was able to know this and to talk about it on her blog.

1 comment:

  1. Megan I like what you said about the i-phone baby. How he is not some genius but with any child if we as soon to be teachers,put our time and effort into these kids they can learn anything.

    ReplyDelete