♥♥♥

♥♥♥
My Wonderful Sister

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Trusted Source?

Hmm...very interesting. I was presently surprised and enlighten by the new information that i have now learned. I have always known, just from people saying it, that Wiki was not a credible source for information. I usually used wiki to look up actors or songs, new movies etc. I honestly had no idea the lengths at which wiki is used. To say we have congress men, and the CIA logging on to read and change information should definitely tell me something....which is that even though I was told it wasn't a credible source, its a source that matters (to some people...:)

I thoroughly like this idea with the wiki scanner, (probably because i myself have never logged on to wiki and edited) showing who is making these changes. Up until now I assumed it was just regular Joe's and nerds (no offense) logging on and changing facts, but now I know that its businesses and men in suits who want to look good in the eye of the public; but now we can see that they are the ones who are changing the Wiki with the help of the new scanner.

To me the bottom line is that you can use wiki was a credible source, but you have to read between the lines :)

No comments:

Post a Comment